Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Baking

On Sunday I decided to make a date loaf for morning tea and lunches. Well what a disaster that turned out to be. I mean really, how do you stuff up a date loaf? Anyway I'm blaming the homemade baking powder for the rapid rise and fall. All was not lost, I cut out the soggy bit in the middle and the remaining cake tastes great.

After my date loaf disaster I thought it best to stick to baking bread for the day. I write a monthly bread baking tutorial over at Down to Earth Forum. This month I've looked at using different types of flour in bread making. While I love fresh white bread with lashings of butter and Vegemite, nothing beats a loaf with seeds and grains for extra flavour and texture. So here is today's baking- wholemeal, rye and spelt rolls.

Maybe later in the week I'll attempt another cake. I've got some pears sitting in the fruit bowl that would make a lovely tea cake. Sounds like a great idea!

No comments: