Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

A little op shopping and baking

Whilst on holidays this past week I took the opportunity to scour the local op shops for treasures. Well I wasn't disappointed, here are some of my recent finds.

The two pieces of fabric on the left I got for free, 50 cents for the pattern - 1973 vintage, an angora/lambs wool jumper for $3.50 (I'm planning on felting it), 1m of 50's original bark cloth - $1.00!!! and a bunch of doilies and a vintage sheet for $5.00 (going to make them into curtains)

I also spied a 3 seater lounge, reduced to $75. It just needs new covers on the cushions to bring it back to life. I'm still working on the other half to agree with that purchase. The cats have ruined our lounge suit with their scratching, so it needs replacing. To be honest I really don't like the style of it anyway.

Yesterdays baking, Lunchbox biscuits and bread. The biscuits didn't turn out as I had expected, going by the photo in the cookbook. Anyway they taste great and made a large batch.
I thought I'd try something a little different with the bread and made a plait loaf for a change.

I just love the jar with the red lid, another market find for $1.00


Hope you've had a lovely day
Cheers Lisa

No comments: