Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

On my mind


What to do with Snugglepot and Cuddlepie?

The square was purchased a few years ago with the intention of incorporating it into a patchwork cushion or wall hanging. I found it recently whilst tiding up the spare room and still can't decide what to do with it. I don't want it to be too frilly or too folksy. Maybe a border and then embroider some of the line drawings on a second border. Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted :)

I love the Gumnut Babies, the illustrations are just beautiful and they were one of my favourites growing up. I'll let you in on a little secret, I love them so much I have a Ragged Blossom tattoo!

Just in case you're not familiar with May Gibbs and her stories.

Thanks to Rhonda for the wonderful idea. Pop over to her blog and see what others have on their mind.

Have a lovely weekend

Cheers Lisa

6 comments:

Becky said...

I've seen people framing these squares to hang on their walls as well. They are really cute!

rhonda jean said...

Lisa, I love them too. I have knitted a pink and a blue gum nut hat for my grandbabies. I think they'd make a great quilt centre or framed, as Becky suggested.

Rose said...

Absolutely on the framing -- but what else would I say? :) It's gorgeous Lisa.

Lisa said...

Good idea Becky!

Rhonda, I did see your cute little hats and wondered if they were gum nut hats :)

Haha Rose, now there's a surprise,, maybe I'll send it down to you for framing.

Yes I'm thinking framed myself, not sure if I would keep it plain or add a border etc?

Mary said...

I like the quilted idea. I do not know anything about gum nut so thanks for providing the link!

Cath said...

Very sweet. A good reminder of unfinished needlework of mine.