Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

What a whopper


No I can't take the credit for growing this gigantic strawberry. I found it in a punnet I bought on the weekend at my local market. Not organic I know, but I really fancied some strawberries.

I remember hearing that strawberries are one of the most sprayed fruits and looking at the one above I would have to agree.

How many times do you see folks feeding their kids or themselves strawberries straight from the punnet, not washing the fruit first. No thanks!

Having said that I'm sure they have no idea what they are eating. Even if its organic I would still wash it first. Maybe they need to have warnings on the fresh fruit and vegetables we buy, listing the possible pesticides that may contaminate our food.

All the more reason to grow your own or buy organic where possible. Says she who is still trying to get her garden up and running. LOL

Hope you have a lovely day
Cheers
Lisa