Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My new girls - chooks that is

Its been about two and a half years since we had any chooks or ducks, gosh I've really missed them. As we were in the process of moving to Tassie we had to rehome our little bantams and ducks. That dream is on hold for the foreseeable future, so I'm going to try my best to 'Bloom Where You're Planted'.

Here they are

Left - two Light Sussex who are about 9 weeks old, then two Barnevelders 8 weeks old, bit of a size difference

Our solo New Hampshire - We were very tempted to get a second

Isn't she sweet

All snuggled up for a sleep after breakfast

These girls will be housed in our old duck shed, being standard size they will be too big for our chook tractor. We'll use that as temporary housing over the garden beds when we want the soil enriched and turned over.

Now I need to think of names for them....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are adorable.

Denny said...

Oooh,you are so lucky,they are beautiful little girls.

Lisa said...

Thanks Mel and Chook, they are lovely little girls.

Wendy.B said...

Awww your chooks are loverly, I like your little ginger coloured one, I have a bit of a chicken fetish actually and have chicken "things" about the house, I can't wait to get real ones.