Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pooped already!

I've got a long day today, work from 10 - 6, get home at 7pm then a physio appointment at 8.15 tonight. Knowing that I would be really pushed for time I got up early this morning and made dinner. So tonight we are having pumpkin and vegetable soup followed by apricot crumble and custard.

I surprise myself sometimes when I'm organised, its amazing how much you can get done in two hours.

Yesterdays baking - Double Chocolate and Date Muffins


3/4 cup dates, chopped
3/4 cup boiling water
100g soft butter
1/2 cup castor sugar
2 tablespoons chopped pecans, almonds or macadamia nuts
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 teaspoon bi-carb dissolved in 1/4 cup milk (I used yohurt today)
1 3/4 cups SR flour - (I substitute 2 tablespoons of flour with cocoa)
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 200C
Place dates in a large mixing bowl, pour boiling water over dates
Add butter in small pieces, stir until melted
Add sugar, nuts, chocolate chips, egg, vanilla essence, soda and milk mixture and mix well
Sifted the flour and cocoa together then gently fold in, don't over mix
Spoon into greased or papered muffin tin and bake for approximately 20 minutes
Makes 12 muffins

If you feel like being really decadent you could ice these beauties with a lovely chocolate butter icing.

Hope you have a lovely day
Cheers Lisa

2 comments:

Rose said...

Lisa, those chocolate date muffins look delish, thanks for the recipe. I put dinner on this morning, have just finished preparing the vegies to go with the casserole.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so good!!