Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Friendship bag

I've been wanting to make one of these cute little bags for ages. My niece is having her 14th birthday today, that gave me the perfect excuse to do some sewing.



After a quick browse around Spotlight (quick and Spotlight never go hand in hand with me), I decided on the above fabrics.

The finished bag

It was fun to make and not too difficult either. I plan on making some more, next time using some of my leftover vintage sheets and old jeans. Maybe I'll make a larger version and use it as a handbag!

This is the link from p.s. i quilt, friendship bag tutorial

Have a lovely weekend

Cheers Lisa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

great bag! LOL I have most of those fabrics in my stash.

Rose said...

Nice bag, she'll be a happy girl.

Anonymous said...

It looks great. I love the material.

Lisa said...

Thanks gals :)

Yes Sue, I remember seeing some of the fabrics on your blog and thought they would be good for the bag.

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Very cute! :D

Unknown said...

Wow, surprisingly I never knew this.
I have been reading your blog a lot over the past few days and it has earned a place in my bookmarks.Thanks for sharing with us.
control Pest