Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pumpkin fruit cake

I thought I'd share this recipe with you. The cake is light and moist, with a wonderful flavour, not too heavy on the sugar either. An all round yummy cake, well I think so anyway.



Ingredients:

1 cup mashed pumpkin

100g olive oil

1/2 cup of rapadura sugar or brown

1 tablespoon of honey

2 eggs

2 cups of SR flour - 1 cup plain, the other wholemeal

200g dried fruit - I used a combination of sultanas, chopped up dates, figs and prunes or what ever you have in the cupboard

1 teaspoon cinnamon or mixed spice (I use both)

Method:

Preheat your oven to 160C. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin

Beat the olive oil and sugar together, add the eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition, then add the honey and pumpkin, mix well. Sift the flour and spices together, add to the dried fruit, mix well to ensure the fruit is coated in flour (helps stop the fruit sinking to the bottom of your cake). Fold the fruit and flour into the pumpkin mix. Don't over mix. Pour into your prepared tin, use the back of a soup spoon dipped in water to smooth the top of the cake. Place the tin into the oven and bake for approximately 1 hour. Test with a skewer after an hour, I usually cook if for 10 to 15 minutes more. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a cake rack.

It's great for morning or afternoon tea and for lunches.........enjoy


Thought I'd show you some of my latest batches of soap


On the left , an old favourite goats milk and calendula and a new one, rose geranium and lavender. I wanted to try adding some natural colour to the soap to give it a marble effect. I got interrupted part way through and it didn't turn out how I wanted. Never mind there's always next time.


Oh I almost forgot, everything is growing well in my little veggie garden, no causalities yet. I'll post some pictures soon.


Hope you have a lovely day

Cheers Lisa

3 comments:

Deb said...

That pumpkin fruit cake looks very yummy and we do like a fruit cake in this house

Anonymous said...

You have been busy. I love the color of the cake and the soap looks really great.

Rose said...

Pumpkin in fruit cake? Well scones are nice with it so why not! I'll give this a try. The soap looks lovely Lisa.